Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 February 2012

CG125 crankcase cover

It's about time I posted again. I bought a crankcase cover off ebay, a bit mucky and scratched but it is around 40 years old. Still after a bit of wet and dry with washing up liquid and lots of water followed by some paint stripper with wire wool it was beginning to look a little better. I then finished up with some aluminium polish which improved the look of the case considerably.
A bit of black paint round the Honda logo should finish off nicely.

The frame is now stripped and rather than strip it with paint stripper etc as I did with the CD90Z I intend to get it blasted. I have had a problem with the stand which is rusted onto the shaft, it will not shift with heat or penetrating oil and unfortunately I'll have to cut it off. I am gradually collecting some of the missing parts but have a long way to go. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment